I was sorting through my family photos, cause it's all in a bag jumbled up and I finally did half of it.
It brought back so much memories, things I would have remembered a few years back, and now I can only look at photos to relive the moments.
It's really rare, people don't print out photos or have photo albums anymore. How the world has changed.
My aunty used to be the one who asked my mother to bring us kids to see the Winnie the Pooh show, Mickey Mouse land, etc. and I only remember a little bit of it. I know for sure you didn't need to spend a minimum amount in order to take photos with the mascots or watch the show, as compared to now (what a rip off, and money minded the organizers are these days).
Everything used to be either cheap or free in the past. I remember my dad got his first song Ericsson phone and I was collecting it together with him, I was so amused and fascinated. I didn't know how to use a pager lol, but had plenty of that lying around at home. Compared to the generation now, I didn't grow up with a phone, I used my first Nokia when I was 12. How stupid was I to bug my parents for it, to think of it now, oh my god. I think I only got the first generation iPhone for my 15th or 16th birthday from my godparents. Even so, I was happy even without a line, or whatsapp lol.
Looking through the photos, I was so happy how I was brought up. I really was, I didn't even thought of all the scoldings or beating from my parents. I finally see that even though I was told to smile in photos, I could tell at that moment I truly was happy, to be loved by so many. I don't remember the troubles or worries I had, I really missed those innocent, young times. I saw the effort put in by my parents, my families, to celebrate every event, new year, birthday, Christmas, great grandmother's birthday, beach outings, etc. I saw the date imprinted, we went to the beach almost once every 3-4 months! We took buses everywhere, not a car ... Oh my god and now I don't even appreciate taking bus as much. (I still love my public transport but who doesn't want their own car.)
The point is I don't think I'll be that good a parent or aunty like them. It pains me so much to see how they've aged compared to now ... It pains me that my younger self didn't study hard enough, and that is my only regret. I am just so thankful of how I was brought up, and taught.
Seeing my mother's childhood, growing up at a kampong, oh my, and how happy and pretty she smiled, on the other hand, dad looked like a total reggae, lol. It is super funny. I guess that's my mother's type.
For now, I look forward to the future. I look forward to securing a scholarship next year, and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. I want to give my elders a good retirement, and that's my main goal in life. Also, to be nice to everyone, cause any minute someone could die.
On a side note, today there was this fucker that stopped to slight someone at an entrance which was blocking me obviously. Like walk a few distance will die meh fucker, also not old or young kid or handicapped. I horned and the lady that alighted stared at me till her eyeballs could fall out any moment, then the guy who drove the car sped in and attempt to reverse park into a lot while I was slowly making my way behind him. He stared at me, the same way the lady did, and .... He mount kerb HAHAHAHA. I laughed and drove off. It wasn't like I was rushing him or anything, I was 1 and a half car distance behind him. Loser Dno how to drive. 没有那么大的头,就不要带那么大的帽子! Ok rant over, I wish him well in driving.
Ever so thankful, of simply being.
|